When it comes to Easter, Easter eggs are the first things that strike everybody’s mind. As Easter draws near, families get together in preparation of this joyous festival. One of the most exciting parts of Easter is hand painting eggs for Easter. Coloring eggs for Easter is a fun activity that the entire family can enjoy. This is a great way of spending quality time with your family members, while preparing for the coming Easter. Painting Easter eggs also helps bring out the creative side of you and your kids. Here we have a look at how to paint Easter eggs.
How to Paint Easter Eggs:
There are many different of ways to paint Easter eggs, you can paint eggs by using different funky or traditional items available in the market. For painting Easter eggs you should be aware of the initial steps, staring with boiling the eggs. painting an egg is becomes much easier when your eggs are prepared properly. Here are few ways how to paint Easter eggs that will help you to learn all the steps required for painting eggs:
While coloring Easter eggs, you can follow two methods to prepare your eggs:
You can hard boil the eggs by boiling them for approximately 20 minutes on a medium flame. While the eggs cook, you need to add some vinegar and natural dye to the water to give your eggs color. You can keep these hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator for a week. However eggs prepared in this way may go bad and need constant monitoring.
The second method requires that you remove the white and the yolk of the egg. You can do this by making holes on both ends of the egg and removing the inside of the egg. However you need to be careful not to damage the egg while doing this. The advantage of this method is that it avoids the risk of eggs going bad.
Painting Easter Eggs
- Once the eggs are cooked properly, the eggs develop a color due to the dye added while boiling the eggs. You can add different types of colour while boiling eggs to get colourful eggs.
- Let the eggs dry for some time, and after drying you can take baking paper to rub the egg and get a smooth finish.
- You can start painting the eggs by using different colors like acrylic paints, crayons, water colours, stencils, wax coating etc.
- You can use acrylic paints if you want to draw lines or patterns lightly on the shell of the egg, another great way is to use watercolours as they get absorbed into the egg shell easily.
- Once you have coated the surface of the eggs with paint, you can paint funny faces or other designs on your Easter eggs.
- Using stencils you can decorate the egg your egg with multiple colour to a single egg.
- You can place sticks on the dots and rubber bands also. Place these eggs in a dye and let it dry for some time and peel off the dots and rubber bands to give a wonderful design.
- You can make hand painted Easter eggs by placing eggs in the dye containing vegetable oil.
- The dye sticks to the egg in a marbleized fashion and gives different look to the egg.
Learning how to paint Easter eggs is not only simple but also a lot of fun, you can get your kids involved in this activity and watch as they have fun coloring their Easter eggs and painting their Easter eggs with funny faces.